Drink plenty of clean water. When I order a drink - spa red, cola, tap water - I always ask explicitly not to put lemon in it. I do not like that. But there is a certain friend who systematically bombards me with articles about the benefits of drinking a glass of warm lemon water when you wake up. Even though I'm still not planning to talk about my lemon version, I thought it would be interesting to have those conscious benefits once in a row. Drink plenty of water, give the body what it needs. Because to be honest: I have not been able to find anything that disputes that it is indeed good for you.
1. It helps to start your digestion and bowel movements. (My reply: coffee does that too, but that does not count, says the friend).
2. It helps to reduce stress. Lemon contains a good dose of vitamin C and a shortage of that stuff is often the reason why people suffer from stress.
3. Lemon has a strong anti-bacterial and anti-viral effect and boost your immune process.
4. The boost of your immune process comes from various substances that are in lemon, including potassium, magnesium, pectin, limonene and the aforementioned vitamin C.
Sorry, but we'll put it in between: 12 x why coffee (also) is good for you.
5. You seem to lose weight (because it stimulates digestion) and also cleans your liver of toxins (always fun after a night out).
6. That waste boost also comes from the pectin in the lemon; it inhibits your appetite.
7. There is even more of you (off) by lemon, namely: urine. As a result, toxins flow out of your body and you keep your urinary tract clean. Why you must drink water when get up in the morning.
8. You will smell better from your mouth. Thanks to the citric acid that makes short work of the bacteria in your mouth. Thereby, by the way, also takes the chance to prevent pain in teeth, molars or gums.
9. You get energy for a long time - in contrast to the short energy revival that a cup of coffee brings about.
10. Your moisture level is brought up to standard. And that is good, because you feel a lack of fluid by fatigue, a reduced immune system, constipation, lethargy, sleep deprivation, high / low blood pressure and stress.
11. Another thing that is being brought up to measure: your pH value. Thanks to the fact that lemons is one of the most alkalizing food products. Cayenne is that also by the way, that's why a pinch of it stirring through the lemon water is the bomb (see below).
12. Last but certainly not least: lemon cleanses your skin. What does water for your skin. Again thanks to the vitamin C (something with anti-oxidants that reduce wrinkles and dark spots), and a healthier, radiant, young-looking skin. Bacteria that can cause acne or other irregularities get little to no chance due to the citric acid.