Water Chiller with Filter
Great tasting water made from your own tap with a Water Chiller with Filter from Prestige Water
Why is drinking water so important for your skin
What does drinking water really does for your skin. Most of us have heard that you need to be hydrated to have healthy looking skin. And hydration is achieved with water, right? Well, yes and no. We are told that we can hydrate our body by drinking water, but after swimming or showering the skin can feel dry and rough. Why? Without becoming too technical, we must start by putting our terminology straight. Water chiller with filter. Although they are often used as synonyms, there is a fundamental difference between 'dry' and 'dehydrated'. 6 Facts about drinking water. A dehydrated skin lacks water and a dry skin mist in oils. A parched skin shows dull and feels tight, while dry skin can flake, rough or itchy.
What causes the dehydration of the skin?
Actually, everything that causes water to leave the body or evaporate from the skin:
- Humidity: (or rather lack of) can affect the hydration of the skin. When the air around us has a low humidity, it lacks moisture and the water will 'exit'.
- Sun: powerful UV rays can weaken the skin barrier, allowing water to escape.
- Temperature: the colder it gets, the lower the hydration of the skin. When the temperature drops, we usually raise the indoor heating, which, as you already know, leads to dehydration. Drink from a water chiller with filter.
- Sweating: during sports is always good for you, the water that leaves your body while sweating is not good news for your skin. (Please note, this is NOT an excuse for not exercising, it simply means that you have to take care of your skin and hydrate after exercise, but we'll get there).
What causes dry skin?
Well, almost everything that removes the natural oils from the skin, including cleaning. Ironically, the water that we so desperately try to retain in the skin, to maintain our hydration levels, can (and often) disappear after a cleansing routine. This is where water goes from best friend to enemy. Drinking lemon water in the morning is good for you.
Keep the skin hydrated and healthy
What does drinking 2 liters of water a day with your body. We are not here to spread despair. We like to approach life with a 'glass half full' (of water) attitude. So let's stop talking and look at the solutions! We know that we need to get more water into the skin and keep it there. Healthy water from a water chiller with filter. The only most efficient and easiest way to take water into the skin is to drink it. It will then spread in the body, perform different tasks and that which has not been used for other purposes will reach the skin. Now it is crucial to keep it there. This is achieved by 'locking up', with the aid of humectants (often found in serums), natural oils and locally applied creams containing oils or active ingredients that mimic the properties of oils.
So, how do we feel about water now?
Absolutely our friend, but as with every relationship, we have to shift a few boundaries. In this case a physical limit: the skin. Water should mainly be in the skin and used in moderation on the outside. This will lead to well-hydrated skin, which means that fine lines and wrinkles remain at a distance. Great tasting water chillers with filters.
Top tips for healthy, hydrated skin
- Drink lots of water from a water chiller with filter
- Use moisturizing serums that contain, for example, hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate, glycerin or other humectants (ingredients that help to bind and retain the water) before hydration
- Use a moisturizer that is suitable for your skin type to retain water and moisture
- Look for treatments that are rich in active rehydrating and moisturizing ingredients that should not be rinsed
- Do not use excessive water when cleaning your face (look for lotion base or micellar cleaners)