Water Cooler Margate
Great tasting water made from your own tap with Prestige Water Cooler Margate
How much water do you need to drink
It is certain that drinking enough water is important for your health. Cold water drinking. And that if you are going to exercise with hot weather you should drink more as well. But how much water should you drink? And what about if you are pregnant or breastfeeding? And how much should children drink? Bottled water, tap water or filtered water.
First some facts about water:
- Your body can lose up to 2.5 liters of water per hour.
- Your body can only absorb 850 ml of water per hour.
- 60% of your body consists of water: 80% of your brain consists of water, 75% of your muscles are water and 92% of your blood is water.
- Water carries nutrients and oxygen to all cells in your body and helps to convert food into energy.
- Water regulates your body temperature (sweating).
- If you are better hydrated, you will get more satisfaction and results from your sport.
What happens if you drink too little? Then it may be that you become dehydrated. The symptoms of dehydration are nausea, headache, fainting, reduced concentration, feeling light-headed, reduced muscle coordination, exhaustion and / or vomiting.
- How much water should you drink?
- How much moisture you need depends on how much fluid you lose. That differs per person and depends on the circumstances in which you find yourself. If you have a lot of sport or sports at a higher temperature, you need more. You can follow the following guidelines:
- If you are pregnant: 1.5 to 2 liters of water. Can food influence your sleep.
- if you are breastfeeding: 2 to 2.5 liters of water
- If you do intensive sports you can lose 1 to 2 liters of fluid per hour, you have to supplement this
- When it is hot: drink 2 liters of liquid on a hot day, otherwise you will dry out
How do I drink 2 liters of water in a day?
Maybe you think: very nice that 2 liters of water in one day, but how do I do that? We are all busy and often on the go, so it can be a challenge. With these tips you make it easier for yourself:
1. Put a jug of water on your desk. Fill the pot with 1.5 to 2 liters of water and let it reach room temperature. With a can for your nose you are constantly reminded that you still have to drink water. Before you know it, the can is empty. That should at least be done before the end of your work day? Drink more water in hot weather.
2. Make sure you always have a bottle of water with you. Of course you can go for a plastic disposable item, but you can also invest in a nice sustainable water bottle that you use with a lot of pleasure for a long time.
3. Make drinking water fun by adding tasty things to your water. Think of slices of cucumber and lemon, fresh mint leaves or frozen fruit such as raspberries and blueberries.
4. Start your day with water. Make it a habit to pour a glass of water immediately when you get out of bed and have breakfast. The first centiliters are already there!
How much should children drink?
Children can also use more moisture in extreme heat, but slightly less than adults. Make sure that your children regularly go to the toilet. When they urinate dark urine, they have to drink more. Children who vomit or go to the toilet very often may have drunk too much water. Then give moist foods such as dairy, vegetables and fruit.
In short: drink about 2 liters of water during the day, take a bottle of water with you to your training and drink enough after your workout. But do not overdo it! Because too much water is not good either.
Prestige Water Cooler Margate, Water Dispenser Margate, Water Filter Margate