Our body consists of 55 to 70% water. Water is therefore necessary for the proper functioning of our body. It is not for nothing that you can survive for days on end without food but only four days without water. Tap water is not healthy anymore, therefore filter. But how much do you have to drink?
Inadequate water intake leads to dehydration that can manifest itself in symptoms such as dizziness or lightheadedness, strong smelling urine, dry mouth, headache, nausea, restlessness, irritability, fatigue and difficulty concentrating. In a more advanced stage, symptoms such as cramps, constipation and loss of appetite may occur.
It is generally recommended to drink at least 1.5 liters of water per day. This is to replenish the amount of fluid that one loses on average throughout the day - via sweat, urine, stool and exhalation - and thus avoid dehydration. However, depending on the circumstances in which you are located, this need may be higher. For example, in warm conditions the body will produce more sweat. The same applies to physical efforts.
1. Use a refillable bottle or bottle. Apply markings on the can, such that you link every 100 to 200 ml with one hour. Strive to always drink to the end that suits the right hour. In this way you will be more consciously engaged in drinking water and you will notice that it is not so difficult to achieve the minimum requirement of 1.5 l / day. Indicate on the drinking bottle how many drinking bottles a day you should drink to get an intake of 1.5 l per day. A small can (0.5 or 0.75 liter) can be more motivating to drink than a large bottle of 1.5 liters because your smaller bus is empty faster.
2. Start early in the morning. Lemon juice in your water - super healthy. Do not wait until evening with good intentions: start early in the morning with a good glass of water at breakfast. By spreading your water intake well over the day, you also avoid nightly toilet visits.
3. Provide a reminder. Especially in busy periods you can sometimes come home in the evening with the realization that you have not drunk anything - that one glass at breakfast - that day. To remind you that you have to drink, you should always put your drinking bottle or glass in sight. You can also set an alarm or alarm clock, for example every two hours. There are now apps that help you with this.
4. Be prepared. Make sure there are a few bottles of water in your car and at work as standard. In this way you prevent yourself from ending up in situations (eg in traffic jams) where you will spend hours without water.
5. Make a habit of it. Make it a habit to prepare a glass of water as standard before you start your meal. Do not leave the table before the glass is empty. What kind of water to drink.
6. Add extra flavor. About Prestige Water. The more you drink something, the more you will drink from it. Do you prefer to drink spray water, drink mostly spray water! You can make the taste of water more interesting by adding slices of lemon / cucumber / orange, leaves of fresh mint.