We lose an average of 2 to 3 liters of fluid every day. Those who exercise a lot and therefore extra sweat have even more fluid loss. This must be compensated by drinking enough.
Many people have a hard time drinking enough water in one day. With these tips, you will stay well hydrated!
1. How much water should you drink in one day? For adults, the guideline applies 1.5 to 2 liters of water per day. This equates to 8 to 10 large glasses of water. If you find that easier, you can track your water intake with an app like WaterLogged (iOS) or Water Drink Reminder (Android).
2. The above guideline applies under 'normal' circumstances. If it is very hot and you sweat a lot or you exercise intensively in one day, it makes sense that you drink extra on top of those 2 liters. Adapt to the circumstances and especially follow your feeling of thirst.
3. Always put a glass or bottle of water nearby, for example on your desk, in the kitchen, in the car ... This way you will automatically drink more in one day. Tip: if you buy a nice drinking bottle, drinking water will be extra fun!
4. Vary! In addition to 'normal' water, you can also get your daily dose of H2O by drinking coffee (without sugar and milk, eh!) Or tea. Keep in mind that these drinks contain caffeine so don't overdo it. Water is and remains the basis!
5. Pimp your water! Is water melon healthy? Many people find it boring to drink water because it is in fact tasteless. Make it more attractive and flavorful by adding some sliced fruits (e.g. citrus fruits, watermelon, strawberries, berries), vegetables (e.g. cucumber, fennel, carrot, celery) or herbs (e.g. ginger, mint, basil, rosemary, thyme) add. Strawberry + basil and raspberry + mint are delicious combinations. Much healthier than lemonade! Water from your Tabletop water cooler Brisbane with fresh fruit is very healthy. Just try. Alkaline water, is the nature of water.
6. Eat your water. Many fruits and vegetables contain a lot of water, such as watermelon, limp, cucumber and celery. In addition, they are rich in vitamins and minerals, so you benefit from it for your health!
7. Check your urine. The lighter in color your urine is, the better hydrated you are. Dark urine means drinking a little more water. Note: if your urine is almost transparent, you can drink a little less with water. Because too much is not good, you can even get water poisoning with it. This leads to nausea, headaches and vomiting. So if you feel like you've been drinking enough water, stop drinking for a while if you don't want to get in trouble.
8. Make it a habit to drink a glass of water after every toilet visit. This way you immediately compensate for all water loss.
And now all of you are going to drink a big glass of water from your Tabletop water cooler Brisbane.